Pages

{2 4 8 . 2 4 0 . 4 6 6 4} ............... {two fifteen b south saginaw street downtown holly mi 48442} ............... {s i t e & e m a i l }

{a red tomato pin cushion}

At the beginning of the year, when there seems like there's so much time to complete all of the small day to day things that you'd like, I said I would try to shoot a random photo every day. This was my attempt to reclaim my photography as more than my 'bread and butter' but as the hobby and interest that persuaded me to take classes and learn the fundamentals 10 years ago this summer. {And with one casual sentence I now feel a bit old, it doesn't help my birthday is coming up in a few weeks}......but I digress.

While I was sewing the pillows for the bedroom I took a moment from documenting my progress and got the photos below. I love the textures, the color and I love how it reminds me of my mother. Whenever I see a red tomato pin cushion I think of mom. It's ironic, she isn't a great seamstress and to this day still holds a bit of animosity from attaching endless strings of sequins & elastic straps to our dance costumes. And now in what could appear as an act of vengeance I have a pile of her clothes that need buttons replaced, waistbands taken in.........but regardless a red tomato pin cushion reminds me of my mother.

I recently misplaced mine and had to get a new one during one of my many trips to Joanns. They had a cute hot pink one and I walked around the store for awhile with a pink and a red one in my basket trying to decide. I bought the red pin cushion, pink just didn't seem right.